Summer is right around the corner! It feels like just last week we were making New Year’s Resolutions to get fit and make time for exercise. While we are still weeks away from beach weather and you’re probably realizing now that you haven’t done much to fulfill your resolution. Well, it’s never too too late to get started on the path to getting in the best shape possible, even between a busy family life and work schedule.
The best way you can shed fat and burn calories quickly is to exercise. It is recommended that some type of physically activity be performed 4-5 times a week for best results! If you’re not a runner or do not enjoy running, there are other methods of exercise that might work for you like jumping on your T-Zone Vibration Machine for 10 minutes every day to lose inches and gain strength. Here are other ways to complement your vibration exercises:
EXERCISES (That aren’t running!)
- Indoor cycling (burns 600 calories an hour)
- Indoor Rowing (burns 840 calories an hour)
- Jumping rope (burns 1000 calories an hour)
- Elliptical (burns 600 calories an hour)
- Treadmill walking (burns 300 calories an hour)
Between exercises, you should be practicing healthy eating habits, this includes cutting down on sweet and salty snacks at your work desk. Try making a fruit medley of your own, it’s a healthy snack that’ll still work to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If your work schedule is too demanding and you’re not able to commit to squeezing in time 4-5 days a week for exercise, it doesn’t have to mean the dreams of your ideal beach body is going down the drain. Believe it or not, there are still ways you can burn a ton of calories while at work.
- Opt out of taking the elevator, take the stairs!
- Go for a walk during your lunch break, and not in the mall. Bring comfortable shoes that you’ll feel comfortable in and take a brisk walk around the block 2-3 times. Pick up your feet, swing your arms, and maintain a quick pace.
- Try “Email-free Fridays” instead of clicking send, walk over and carry your message to your colleagues within the same office.
- Use a T-Zone Standing Desk. Try standing instead of sitting as often as you can during your work shift, it increases the daily calories burned. The average person of approximately 150 pounds can burn about 114 calories an hour just by standing.
Standing while working promotes wellness and the proof is in the higher amount of calories that are burned while standing versus sitting. If we put it in at least 2 hours of standing throughout an 8 hour workday, it could do wonders for our posture, health and overall well-being. We should be able to stand for as long as our bodies will allow and then sit for 30 minutes before being able to stand for a long period of time again.
If you want to burn calories at work and improve your posture, consider using a T-Zone Standing Desk. The ‘Sit-to-Stand Desk’ is great for beginners because of it’s versatility. Take a look at all the different models and find one that works for you. Stand up for your fitness today!